Systems Administrator (DevOps)
( 2017 - Present )
Network and systems administrator
Lead Developer/Systems Administrator
( 2015 - 2017 )
Network and systems administrator as well as lead developer for server, desktop, and mobile software.
- Personally created and is in charge of the entire development for Golden Retriever [http://thedog.io]. An Android App for data collection and GPS tracking of assets. The back-end database and client website for the software is hosted with Amazon, utilizing their off-site data centers
- Responsible for the maintenance of the entire network and server infrastructure for Genics Inc consisting of Linux/Windows Servers (Virtual and Non-Virtual), Windows/Mac/Linux Clients, and Network Storage
- Installed and manage the internal network monitoring software for malicious traffic
- Created and implemented the companies first Information Security Policy for employees
Freelance App Development and Systems Administrator/Technical Support
( 2015 - Present )
Perform application development as well as network and systems administration for small business clients.
- Full-stack application development.
- Provide onsite and over the phone technical troubleshooting.
- Assess clients needs for workstation/server/network infrastructure and install/configure recommended components.
Lead Developer/Systems Administrator/Health & Safety Coordinator
( 2012 - 2015 )
Network and systems administrator as well as lead developer for server, desktop, and mobile software. Also responsible for maintaining the company's Health & Safety program.
- Created custom data-logging software to pull information from PLCs into a MySQL database
- Customized and implemented a version of Vtiger CMS for use in the sales and shipping/receiving departments
- Developed asset collection Android/Server software that is currently used by multiple utility pole inspection companies in North America
- Installed and managed the company's internal email server utilizing Dovecot, Postfix and SpamAssassin
- Since taking charge of the Health & Safety program I increased the COR external audit results from 86% to 97% though generating employee buy-in and maintaining meticulous documentation
Assistant Plant Manager/Health & Safety Coordinator
( 2008 - 2012 )
Manager in charge of entire manufacturing operation in addition to maintaining the company's Health & Safety program.
- Managed a staff of over 15 people
- Responsible for the training of all new employees
- Aided in the design of new production equipment to increase worker safety and efficiency
( 2005 - 2008 )
Handled all Shipments in and out of the company.
- Coordinated shipments into and out of our USA warehouse in addition to the Alberta warehouse
- Negotiated rate reductions with carriers and suppliers
- Majority of shipments involved EPA/PMRA approvals
- Coordinated wood preservative shipments to Britain and Australia
- Maintained the blanket NAFTA certificate of origin